Monday 13 May 2013

COLLAGE INSPIRATION


When walking around Lewisham, passing the windows of black hair salons, you will always see a hairstyle collage, whether its shape ups for men or cornrow styles for women, they are always bright and vibrant with catchy slogans to attract your attention. These inspiration collages gave me the inspiration to collate Jamel Shabazz's photography, as he is one of my biggest influences for this project so far and create a collage in a similar style.



Once I created this collage I knew that it was the perfect layer to have behind my stencils, not only is it bright, colourful and bold so it would catch the viewers eye through the stencils, but it brought the influences of the people in the stencils together, almost as if you are looking inside the person to reveal their inner inspirations and influences



No comments:

Post a Comment